Monitored, tested and certified – accordig to DIN EN ISO 16949. This is all based upon an in-house test lab, committed and highly qualified employees, and our understanding of quality assurance for all production and testing processes.
Whether BSE, nitrofen or foot-and-mouth disease - the scandals of the past have raised the call for product labelling and consumer protection. But a product label is adequate as a reassurance at most. Certainty is only available if the requirements do not miss out on the reality and take into account peoples needs. The comprehensive quality concept of the DGM considers these within their quality and test specifications and the extensive inspections. But how is the quality label secured itself?
To avoid misuse of the "Golden M", the Deutsche Gütegemeinschaft has installed a few simple but effective safeguards:
The quality assurance and certification of the furniture is deposited and supervised at the office of the Deutscher Gütegemeinschaft Möbel. The proof of quality assurance "Goldenes M" is documented in the so-called approval certificate.
A retailer is allowed to advertise that he stocks furniture carrying this quality label. In advertising media and within showrooms this quality label is solely to be used in conjunction with the certified products.
This means that the quality label does not only represent the quality, but is also part of the consumers service. SIncerity and transparency must apply to the standard as well as to the products.
An effective energy management system was introduced and successfully certified in 2015 with the aim of continuously improving energy efficiency in the company. The design and implementation of our energy policy is an integral part of the entrepreneurial sustainability strategy of HELLER-LEEDER and is based on the following principles:
Our energy policy, the control of our energy consumption:
- avoids unnecessary costs.
- improves profitability, productivity and working conditions.
- is an integral part of the overall company policy and company strategy.
- is geared towards the implementation and compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and energy-related requirements. All relevant information is kept up-to-date at all times.
- states that the company is using modern processes, plants and machinery to achieve continuous improvements in energy performance.
- Energy saving measures are planned, implemented and the results monitored.
- is the constant updating and verification of our defined strategic and operational energy targets by the company management with the help of a certified energy management system. The necessary resources are made available, employees as well as contractors are involved. The energy consumption is systematically recorded, energy flows are recorded and kept up to date.
- is a commitment to energy-efficient action as a key management task. Continuous training and an open communication involve our employees to implement our energy policy. This includes appropriate and effective technological, organizational and behavioral measures.
- is regularly evaluated and reviewed. In an open dialogue with our employees, we inform and communicate the contents of our energy policy.
DIN EN ISO 9001 defines the general requirements for a quality management system. The purpose of this standard is to ensure companies have the ability to meet quality requirements and to improve customer satisfaction.
The ISO / TS 16949 is the globally uniform quality management standard for the automotive industry. This standard is recognized by all automotive manufacturers. The basis is the general standard for quality management systems, ISO 9001. The ISO / TS 16949 amends the ISO 9001 with additional requirements, specifically for the automotive industry.
This certificate is the approval of passing an extensive environmental audit by the BLC (British Leather Technology Center).
The audit is focusing mainly on chemical and environmental impacts of the leather production processes. These are measured, evaluated and verified. The impact of these processes on employees is also considered.
GOLD is the highest achievable status and HELLER-LEDER was the first tannery in Europe to receive this award.
This certification makes a worldwide comparison possible.
Further information can be found at: www.blcleathertech.com
Since 1978 the Blue-Angel is the quality label for products and services which are rated as outstandingly environmental friendly.
In cooperation with the Federal Environment Agency HELLER-LEDER has defined the criteria for the evaluation of the product “furniture leather” and consequently received the Blue-Angel eco-label as the first company worldwide.
ECO₂L Energy Controlled Leather -> The world’s first label for energy efficiency and CO₂ emissions of tanneries
The climate change is one of the central worldwide challenges of todays society. To reduce the risks of the global warming for human kind and nature, the average temperature increase must be limited considerably worldwide until the end of this century.
The German Leather Federation felt obliged to this commitment as well and presents with the ECO₂L label (energy controlled leather) the world’s first calculation and auditing model for determining the energy efficiency and the CO₂-emission of a tannery. ECO₂L was developed by the Forschungsgemeinschaft Leder (Leather Research Foundation) as an active contribution of a responsible leather industry towards climate protection and as a significant aspect to evaluate a sustainable leather production.
The ECO₂L certificate is assigned by the independant Forschungsinstitut für Leder- und Kunststoffbahnen gGmbH (FILK). Auditing is conducted on behalf of FILK by independent, officially appointed auditors.