Monitored,tested and certified – accordig to DIN EN ISO 16949. This is all based upon an in-house testing lab, committed and highly qualified employees, and our understanding of quality assurance for all production and testing processes.
Whether BSE, nitrofen or foot-and-mouth disease - the scandals of the past have made the call for product labeling and consumer protection louder. But the labeling of a product suffices at most a reassurance. Security is only available if the requirements do not follow the reality and take account of the needs of the people. The comprehensive quality concept of the DGM takes these points into account in their quality and test specifications and the extensive tests. But how is the quality mark itself secured?
To ensure that the "Golden M" is not misused, the Deutsche Gütegemeinschaft has installed a few simple but effective fuses. For basically:
- The quality assurance and certification of the furniture is deposited and supervised at the office of the Deutscher Gütegemeinschaft Möbel. The proof of the quality assurance "Goldenes M" is documented in the so-called approval certificate.
- A dealer is allowed to advertise that he carries furniture with the quality mark. The quality mark may, however, also be connected to the excellent products in advertising and sales areas.
This means that the quality mark is not only a quality issue, but is also part of the service for consumers. Openness and transparency must apply to the standard as well as the products.
A systematic energy management system was introduced and successfully certified in 2015 with the aim of continuously improving energy efficiency in the company. The design and implementation of our energy policy is an integral part of the entrepreneurial sustainability strategy of HELLER-LEEDER and is based on the following principles:
Our energy policy, the control of our energy consumption:
- avoids unnecessary costs.
- improves profitability, productivity and working conditions.
- is an integral part of the overall company policy and strategy.
- is geared towards the implementation and compliance with all relevant laws, regulations and energy-related requirements. All relevant information is kept up-to-date at all times.
- states that the company is using modern processes, plants and machinery to achieve continuous improvements in energy performance.
- Energy saving measures are planned, introduced and the results checked.
- is the constant updating and verification of our defined strategic and operational energy targets by the company management with the help of a certified energy management system. The necessary resources are made available, employees as well as contractors are involved. The energy consumption is systematically recorded, energy flows are recorded and kept up to date.
- is a commitment to energy-efficient action as a key management task. Continuous training and an open communication involve our employees to implement our energy policy. This includes appropriate and effective technological, organizational and behavioral changes.
- is regularly evaluated and reviewed. In an open dialogue with our employees, we inform and communicate the contents of our energy policy.
DIN EN ISO 9001 defines the general requirements for a quality management system. The purpose of this standard is to ensure that companies have the ability to meet quality requirements and improve customer satisfaction.
The ISO / TS 16949 is the globally uniform quality management standard for the automotive industry. This standard is recognized by all automotive manufacturers. The basis is the general standard for quality management systems, ISO 9001. The ISO / TS 16949 supplements these with industry-specific additional requirements.
This certificate is a confirmation of the passing of an extensive environmental audit of BLC (British Leather Technology Center).
This audit is focusing mainly on the chemical and environmental impacts in the production processes of leather. They are measured, evaluated and verified. The impact of these processes on employees is also considered.
GOLD is the highest status achievable and Heller-Leder has received this rating as the first tannery in Europe.
This certification makes a worldwide comparison possible.
Further information can be found at: www.blcleathertech.com
The Blue-Angel is since 1978 a mark of quality for products and services that are particularly environmentally friendly.
Heller-Leder has defined together with the Federal Environment Agency the criteria for the evaluation of the product “furniture leather” and consequently received as a first company worldwide the Blue-Angel eco-label.
ECO₂L Energy Controlled Leather -> The world’s first label for energy efficiency and CO₂ emissions of a tannery
In this century the climatic change is one of the central worldwide challenges of our society. To reduce the risks of the global warming on people and nature, the average temperature rise must be limited considerably worldwide until the end of the century.
The German Leather Federation felt obliged to this commitment as well and presents with the ECO₂L label (energy controlled leather) the world’s first calculation and auditing model for determining the energy efficiency and the CO₂-emission of a tannery. ECO₂L was developed by the Forschungsgemeinschaft Leder (Leather Research Foundation) as an active contribution of a responsible leather industry towards climate protection and as a significant aspect to evaluate a sustainable leather production.
The ECO₂L certificate is assigned by the independant Forschungsinstitut für Leder- und Kunststoffbahnen gGmbH (FILK). Auditing is conducted on behalf of FILK by independent, officially appointed auditors.